Camembert
Name
Bob Riess
Start Date
May 1, 2022
End Date
May 31, 2022
May 1 - 31

Though one of the forum’s newer members, I find myself with the honor of posing and curating Challenge 57 !

We all shoot inside (more so the last couple of years), outside (ah, to be in the world again), interiors, exteriors – so how about some form of both at once. Show us photos that are inside outside, inside and outside, inside out or outside in. Even a Klein bottle which, literally, contains itself.

Interpret the Challenge and submit a new photo or an archive image, so long as it serves your interpretation.

The Challenge will consider composition, technique and your artistic vision which, after all, informs your interpretation of the Challenge.

And of course the rules are the rules :

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the image in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final – don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget – the opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter in his or her or their own challenge.

Enjoy ! I’m looking forward to all of your images.

L1010262.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The subject of this Challenge...is truly challenging. For me at least. I've gone back and forth on different senses of being inside - and being outside - as well as what being 'contained' might mean. Truth be told, the more I think about it, the more puzzling it all seems.
My entry is my own take on something similar: an 'outside' (exterior shot) which contains something that normally is found 'inside', and whose very presence seems incongruous. As a further complication, my 'inside object' is something which has within it something else, something it 'contains' within its own (limiting) framework, but something which very definitely has a relationship to everything 'outside' of it.

At least, that's my first take on what's going on. My second may be different.

I'm guessing yours may be, too.

XPro3_Oct28_21_mirror_on_sidewalk.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just a quick general comment: the entries in this Challenge are really quite wonderful. I continue being surprised - and amazed - by the depth and breadth of creativity among fellow Cameraderians. And a quick shoutout to Bob (@bobriess) for coming up with such a great - and truly challenging - theme for this Challenge.

Just a quick general comment: the entries in this Challenge are really quite wonderful. I continue being surprised - and amazed - by the depth and breadth of creativity among fellow Cameraderians. And a quick shoutout to Bob (@bobriess) for coming up with such a great - and truly challenging - theme for this Challenge.
Thank you, Miguel (@MiguelATF), you're too kind. And I very much agree with you about the submitted photos – I'm impressed by all and looking forward to many others – it's all I can do to keep from saying more, which wouldn't do at all !

Back