Challenge! Camaraderie Challenge #57 : "Contain Yourself"

What a great assortment of images ! I loved looking at and trying to interpret and understand your interpretations of the challenge. I have no quarrel with any with respect to composition, technique and finishing. The thoughts below are mine alone and focus on how I reacted to the images — there’s no right nor wrong, and no matter what anyone ever says, a sole curator as jury is about as subjective as you can get ! So,

@donlaw : The fencing causes nice shadows inside coming from outside light; I really like the geometries – interpretation and technique definite pluses

@MiguelATF : An object associated with inside is outside and showing the outside inside its borders; well done

@emerson : Monochrome is my longtime preferred medium and this is a well-composed and well-shot image

@rpthomas : We're looking at a framed interior that is clearly “in” the outside; nicely composed and finished

@ricks : Reflections and ambiguity, as ambiguous as I hope the challenge was

@JensM : More reflections and prismatic to boot

@pictogramax : Lovely monochrome and textures

@RAH : Interesting framing and color, image of the outside from the inside

@betamax : Very nice high contrast, door and window letting outside in but only just so much; someone coming in through the way out is a great capture, well done

@kae1 : Lovely photo, I like the helmet outside the cabin but suggesting, at a glance, someone inside

@mike3996 : Outstanding use of reflection to bring the outside in front and in back at once into the cabin; I confess it took me a while to understand the shot and maybe I don’t even understand it after all

@Briar : Great capture of pairs of feet inside the booth and outside, really nice

@pdurand : Lovely image of the girls inside the truck engaging with the outside world

@CatsAreGods : You are a rascal with your last-minute entry; I love your photos here and on the Fuji forum, and your fine picture of a Klein bottle is a good 2-dimensional depiction of a 3-dimensional representation of a 4-dimensional object – h'mm, starting to sound like a Challenge theme...

Decisions, decisions – so many creative images – but mike3996 wins for a photo that touches all my challenge points and yet, every time I think I've got it figured out, still leaves me a little unsure of what I’m seeing.

Thank you all for submitting an outstanding set of photos. Mike, tag you’re it – well done, looking forward to your Challenge #58 !

Bob

Well done Mike! Your picture really makes me wish I could be on a road trip again. Feels so long ago since I was last on one and the way my life is just now it looks like it will be a long while until I get the freedom again to go on one. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us on the next challenge.

Thank you Bob for the interesting challenge. I’d never heard of a Klein bottle so I was glad one was finally included in the entries. Always good to see how everyone interprets these challenges. Well done everyone.

Back