Camaraderie's 31th Photographer's Lounge Salon Challenge: Stay at Home

albertk

Veteran
This Camaraderie's 31th challenge's theme is Stay at Home.
Now in the Corona times most of us are subject to rulings of confinement. We have to stay at home, work from home, educate children and have them do homework, run errants, aid the needed, even follow mass or other services from home. Keeping a social distance. Wearing all kinds of things on the head and as extra layer on cloths. Visiting shops in long waiting lines, being supervised while shopping and maintaining distances measured by lines on the floor, talking through plexiglass barriers . . .​
It will be quite a challenge to depict these new activities in their essence, to show the emotions, dedication and perseverance.​

There are so many daily simple things right now that have simply become unsimple. Things that are new in a once taken-for-granted environmental context. Indoor, outdoors.

Have some fun everyone and be safe!!

The challenge starts April 15th 2020 and ends on Friday, May 8th, 2020.

The tried and trusted rules are as follows:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own challenge.

Good luck and have a safe time maybe while being confined to staying at home.

Last edited:
Normally, screen time is limited but there are only so many things to do in a day
DSC03969.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I see chem labs haven't changed much in the 40 years since I was an undergrad. I suspect the equipment we were using at the time was at least as old as I was.
Glassware is largely unchanged except for the composition of the glass, especially in organic chemistry. The difference is the instruments we use to figure out what's in the glassware.

A pop-up work-out gym
Because the gyms have to be closed because of corona epidemic, the trainers now take their clients individually to places outside to the training.

MP026248-bewerkt.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Leica MP240, Zeiss ZM 28mm - again hors concours (not participating that is)

Back