Camden Market North London (Street)

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
The place was heaving! Big strides mixed with small steps made it quite exhausting trying not to kick heels or tread on toes. Especially so when someone stops suddenly in front of you to look at their cell phone. You'd think that with all the funky people going there it would be a great place to shoot. Actually, you need a rubber neck to take them all in, and reflexes of Ali to shoot before someone blocks the view. Working outside of the main area worked much better catching people as they arrived or left.

23863809548_c3032ecf16_b.jpg
Have a drink on me
by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

37668820056_0e6d9fc9ca_b.jpg
Conflict

37668827736_a655ed08b7_b.jpg
Camden Faces

37668827386_419087494f_b.jpg
Camden Faces

37668824416_9e64834922_b.jpg
Camden Faces

37668820756_60e8ed31bd_b.jpg
Er.....I'll give it a miss, but thanks anyway.

37668821096_feb395e7cc_b.jpg
Looking Up

37668822176_c43d858f91_b.jpg
Camden Faces

37668822496_0d2f348b32_b.jpg
Camden Faces

Yeah, I live near a small American city. My neighborhood isn't fully rural, but I'm close enough to woodsy areas I can escape to any time I want. I admire people who can do street photography well, but I much prefer seclusion and solitude whenever possible.

I used to work in the heart of the City of London and I love the buzz there. However, I live in an area which is 3/4hr from the city to the east and 10 minutes to countryside also to the east. I have the best of both worlds. I can appreciate that the city is not everyones cup of java

I worked in Camden for a few months and I was always amazed by the number of tattoo shops (parlours?) in the area around the market. It seemed like every third shop was set up as a place to get tattoos, and they were all apparently thriving. I used to wonder how many of the people walking around me had recently been tattoed, and whether that accounted for their expressions.

-R

I worked in Camden for a few months and I was always amazed by the number of tattoo shops (parlours?) in the area around the market. It seemed like every third shop was set up as a place to get tattoos, and they were all apparently thriving. I used to wonder how many of the people walking around me had recently been tattoed, and whether that accounted for their expressions.

-R

Trying to find someone without a tattoo' is like trying to find someone not on their phone or looking at their tablet. Trying to find someone without both attributes is likely impossible?

Back