Cameraderie Challenge 20: Expression - Winner announcement

donlaw

Legend
Name
Don
This challenge is to interpret the word Expression. It’s not just expression on faces, but things like, animals, buildings, signs, etc...
The challenge will run until approximately September 9th.

And the rules, as always, are:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own salon.

Last edited:
P1020883.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These are fabulous entries! It is going to be a difficult task ahead.
Still a couple of days left if anyone else would like to join in.
I expect there are more interesting takes on expression out there!

This was one of the toughest challenges for me yet.
I really love all of these images. Here is my brief thoughts on each.

Tony: Cats! They are like aliens from another planet. And this image captures that aloof nature so well!
David: Those are some scary looking expressions, terror? But nice color and composition.
Davect01: Happiness in a child is a wonderful thing, and this image is amazing!
Karen: Passion! That is one of your strongest images I have seen from you and I have always been impressed with your photos, Nice
Steve: Reminds me of my kids when they were this age. So innocent with unforgettable expressions. Excellent.
Jim: Love between horse and woman. Wow, I don’t know which expression is more powerful the horse or the women! Together they make up a fantastic image.
Ricks: Dejected? Such a moving image and one that really needs a story. Or at least make one up. Powerful!
Rayvonn: This one is funny. Makes me wonder what the intent was here. Happy veggies!
Bill: Remarkable, amazing, and powerful. This one I keep coming back to. It reminds me of someone I know.
Graham: You can feel this expression. It almost make me want to cry. The effort evident, but maybe just not quite enough. Wonderful capture.
Stephen: Beautiful image capturing that childhood wonder. There is else nothing like it.

Very hard to pick one so I am going with first impression: because it also has a bit of a personal connection for me, Bill you are the winner with Passion! I pass the challenge baton to you. Thanks to all who participated. It always amazes me how many great photographers we have here at Camaraderie!

Back