Cameraderie Challenge #21 - WINNER ANNOUNCED - Random acts of kindness

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Welcome to Salon #21.

This time around I have chosen an abstract concept for you to illustrate; "RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS". Interpret and present it as you see fit. I'm looking for people shots predominantly, but I'm prepared to be surprised - I know how creative everyone is. You could focus upon charitable activities, helping others, holding out a hand - just because. The world is your palette.

Ah yes, the rules:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own salon

6. Be excellent to each other

...that last one isn't a regular rule, but Bill and Ted had a point...

Have at it. This will run until the beginning of October.

P2020281-Edit.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Right,

Some interesting interpretations here, and some excellent photography. Honourable mentions go to RAYVONN and CHRISTILOU - two very different interpretations of the theme, but both share a note of tenderness that really shines through.

From the moment I saw it, however, I knew in my heart that there could only be one winner. DONLAW with his sensitive portrayal of the homeless man getting a shave. The expression on his face is serene and the barber clearly knows his trade and is willing to donate his expertise. The background of the police car somehow fits too. I love this shot, and highly commend it.

Well done to all, and a round of applause and the honour of setting the next challenge goes to Don.

Congratulations, a worthy winner. We have these schemes here in the UK. At Christmas time "Shelter" offer complete grooming for any homeless person over the Christmas break. I think it's such a wonderful idea.

Back