Name
Kyle
Start Date
Jun 23, 2020
End Date
Jul 7, 2020
Start Date: Jun 23, 2020
End Date: Jul 7, 2020

This Cameraderie 34th challenge theme is: CHANGE. So much around us is changing, or already has. I don't imagine there are any of us unaffected. Use a camera to document it, or to convey how it makes you feel, or to show a small example in your own life. Similar to last time I got to start one of these, I'd like to encourage a brief written explanation to go with the image, if you feel it would help. Don't worry about imperfect English, just help us feel what you feel.

As usual, this challenge will consider originality, technical merit, and artistic vision.

Please submit by the end of Tuesday July 7, 2020. I will attempt to evaluate and announce by the end of the following day.

Game on!

/Kyle

--------

No change to the tried and trusted rules, which are as follows:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own challenge.

tide
Wellen.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Local farmers and breadmakers and cheesemakers are still growing their crops and baking their loaves and making their cheeses. And still coming to the weekly farmers' markets to sell what they have created or grown. Except now we are all distancing ourselves and protecting ourselves - but somehow, at the end of the day, the old french expression seems apt: Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose - the more something changes, the more it stays the same.

This cheesemaker, at the local farmer's market, still tells stories about his grandfather, George, in whose honor he named his small one-man cheesemaking enterprise. He still gives samples and shows off his wares. And he still seems to have something in common with the cows from whose milk he makes his cheeses.

PenF_Day30_by_George#1(Topaz).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And in a time of so many changes, his cheeses haven't changed either: they are still tasty and more than tasty, with each bite and each taste...telling its own story.

Alright, I'm going to give it to MiguelATF. I enjoyed the context, and it reminds me of similar things happening here, businesses all trying to find a way to adapt. Thanks for the entries, and for humoring me, folks.

-K
Thank you, Kyle - but I have to say, first and foremost, every one of the other entries in this Challenge were truly great photos and in my opinion are (and could be considered as) winners just as much - if not more so - than mine. I feel quite humbled being in the company not just of other good photographers - but looking, again, at all the photographs here.

I'll do my best to cogitate upon trying to come up with a good theme or subject for our next Challenge; stay tuned, everyone...!

Back