Challenge! Cameraderie Challenge #59 - Have a seat! - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

pictogramax

All-Pro
Start Date
Jun 23, 2022
End Date
Jul 17, 2022
Firstly let me thank Mike for choosing me as the host for this challenge. In a way, I'm going to build on the image that earned me this honor and ask of you to present your images of people sitting, be it a chair, sofa, wall, lawn or anything you can make work. Of course, after that basic demand is fulfilled, the images will be judged by their overall impact. I'll give some of my variations on the theme as a general inspiration, but do expand as you see fit. I'm sure you will delight me with some varied and intriguing responses.

The standard boilerplate follows:

As usual, this Challenge will consider originality, technical merit and artistic vision.

No change to the tried and trusted rules, which are as follows:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - the opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter in his or her or their own challenge.

This challenge will conclude on the 12th of July. Let's have fun with it.

Attachments

• MAY PROMPT 24 - 2012 05 20 - GOOD LIFE.jpg
    MAY PROMPT 24 - 2012 05 20 - GOOD LIFE.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 398
  • PICTOGRAMAX - 2010 - L'EQUIPE.jpg
    PICTOGRAMAX - 2010 - L'EQUIPE.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 58
  • PICTOGRAMAX - 2010 - LONG DAYS.jpg
    PICTOGRAMAX - 2010 - LONG DAYS.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 54
  • PICTOGRAMAX - 2009 - MORNING BREAK.jpg
    PICTOGRAMAX - 2009 - MORNING BREAK.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 55
  • MAY PROMPT 09 - 2012 05 05 - WORKING.jpg
    MAY PROMPT 09 - 2012 05 05 - WORKING.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 60
I'd love to know the story behind this shot, Pierre. There's so much in it...
A naked sadhu is blessing a child, in Varanasi, North India. Varanasi is on the Ganga River and is famous as a spiritual center where pligrims have ritual baths. Naked sadhus obviously live naked and are seen as saints. They go to Varanasi when there are holy days and festivals, and receive donations from pilgrims as livehood. They smear their bodies with ashes. Their long matted hair and ash-smeared bodies are considered representative of the God himself.

Back