Name
Don
Start Date
Nov 6, 2022
End Date
Nov 27, 2022
Start Date Nov 6, 2022
End Date Nov 27, 2022

One of my favorite photo activities has always been to capture interesting slices or moments of everyday life.
Of course what constitutes everyday life varies broadly based on culture, geography, just to name a couple.
So let's keep submissions to some element of life that when captured in a photograph seems remarkable.

A quote from the song Everyday Life by the band Coldplay:

"What in the world are we going to do?
Look at what everyone is going through
What kind of world do you want it to be?
Am I the future or history"

Let's see images of your everyday life that may be extraordinary or mundane but represents what your going through and/or what you would like it to be.

The standard rules apply:

As usual, this Challenge will consider originality, technical merit and artistic vision.
No change to the tried and trusted rules, which are as follows:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the image in order to enter it.
2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your
replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.
3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!
4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum,
with details of the new theme. Don't forget - the opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.
5. The curator cannot enter in his / her / their own challenge.

This challenge is now open and will run until Nov 27th.

DRL_1036.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DRL_0961.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Maybe if I put up a couple of samples, it will raise some participation in the challenge.
Here a couple of slices from my every day life.
Making soup and traveling with the dog...

Only a few days left and there have not been any submissions. And I am not sure why.
Perhaps interest is dwindling in these long standing themed challenges? Miguel's challenge last time only got 2 submissions.

Every day life is too boring for a photo challenge theme? Personally I don't think so. It maybe that the forum's membership has morphed and this particular theme holds no interest.
Other interests in gear talk and the many open ended photo threads are more in line with the interests of the forum's membership? These threads remain very active with great photography!
Many of the photos I see posted in some of the popular photo threads could easily be a a submission for this theme.

My thought is to extend the challenge another week. I had cut it to three weeks. The idea was to finish in time for another challenge before year's end.
If there are no submissions by Nov. 27th, I will take the option to extend 1 more week.

Hope to see some photos submitted soon.

I reckon this monthly challenge thread is often burried by the instantly updated threads, becoming way down to the bottom of the list all the time. Would having this thread pinned at the top make any difference? IMO.
Larry, I think you are correct. Many of us check the latest posts and what’s new. And on the entry home page the challenge threads are buried unless you scroll down past the featured photos.

Larry, I think you are correct. Many of us check the latest posts and what’s new. And on the entry home page the challenge threads are buried unless you scroll down past the featured photos.
Perhaps click the "Watch" button at the top-right of the thread. Then you'll get an alert every time the thread changes.

I have to admit, I didn’t even know this challenge was here. As said above, it would be good if “challenge” threads perhaps get pinned to the top on the forum?

Appreciate this may not be possible though.

I have to admit, I didn’t even know this challenge was here. As said above, it would be good if “challenge” threads perhaps get pinned to the top on the forum?

Appreciate this may not be possible though.
The thread is featured as an ongoing open challenge. But when I open the site that open challenges notice show only after scrolling through the featured photos. Easy to see why it goes unnoticed.

I like the monthly challenges, but as other has stated, they tend to be buried.

This one popped up and lo and behold, I hadn't thought about these challenges in a while.

Back