Challenge! Cameraderie Challenge #64 - Hands - Closed

Hendrik

Veteran
Start Date
Dec 1, 2022
End Date
Dec 21, 2022
Hands. They’re one of our major interfaces with the world –– one of the things that make us us. They can be wonderfully expressive even when not being used for expression. Let’s see pictures of hands –– doing something or not doing something; dynamic or passive; putting or taking; intentionally communicating or not.

My grandson
_HFB4214cam.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Unknown cairn artist
20-_HFB0213cam.jpg

My first cousin and her husband, photographed at my son's wedding (at the time, these two were approaching their 50th). It would have been easy to miss this calm detail in the otherwise lively room.
22-_HFB2299cam.jpg

The standard rules apply:

As usual, this Challenge will consider originality, technical merit and artistic vision.
No change to the tried and trusted rules, which are as follows:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the image in order to enter it.
2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your
replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.
3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!
4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum,
with details of the new theme. Don't forget - the opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.
5. The curator cannot enter in his / her / their own challenge.

This challenge is now open and will run until noon, Wednesday, December 21, EST (UTC -5)

Last edited:
Mt. Lassen National Volcanic Park in northern California is a dormant Volanco (which last erupted near the beginning of the 20th century). The Park is filled with mud pots and geologically active areas including Boiling Springs Lake, a mountain lake heated to boiling temperatures. Nearby there are less hot areas of warm mud... and it's impossible to resist the urge to dip one's hands into them...

MudHands-BoilingSprings-KodMem.jpg

Thanks very much.

How did it happen?
I pulled a muscle in my back Saturday morning and my back kept going into spasm. I got up at 2am Sunday morning to go to the bathroom, my back went into spasm and I pitched head first into pieces of furniture. After I'd got my back sorted out I realised my finger was pointing in the wrong direction. It could've been a lot worse... my head missed the furniture and, as I live on my own, that could've been very nasty.

I hasten to add that no alcohol at all was involved in this mishap... it was entirely of my own doing!

Back