Cameraderie Photo Challenge 17: Contrast

donlaw

Legend
Name
Don
To keep this series going we are moving ahead with a new challenge. Since the winner from the last challenge has not started a new one, @Luke suggested that I move us on with a new topic. For challenge 17 the topic is Contrast. It could be technical contrast or perhaps some subject matter that shows contrast. Interpret Contrast in what ever manner makes sense to you.

The challenge will run until approx. June 21st.

And the rules, as always, are:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own salon.

Good luck!

Last edited:
great theme, Don. I may need to charge my battery is get up off the couch for this one. Since we're finally having some sunny days here, we actually HAVE contrast.
Great! One of the reasons I like these challenges is help motivate my interest in photography. Sometimes that means going through my photo library and finding some forgotten images. And other times I go out with the theme in mind. Charge that battery and carry the camera with you! I am looking forward to seeing how people interpret the theme.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this counts as a contrast image but here you go

_DSC0376.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A6000 and 50mm SEL

There are a number of contrasts, for me, in this picture I took a few days ago, on the streets of Mexico City - but the biggest one is not the high contrast of the black and white image I processed - but rather the contrast between the operatically smiling face of the woman in the poster - and the flat, anodyne nature of the cityscape which frames her. Or maybe the contrast between the exaggerated nature of the commercial advertising which bombards us everywhere - and the ordinariness of daily existence.

Su_Vida.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back