Cameraderie Photo Challenge 18: Self

Briar

Hall of Famer
For challenge 18 the topic is Self. Interpret the topic it in any way that portrays your sense of self.

The challenge will run until approx. July 14th.

And the rules, as always, are:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own salon.

Good luck and, if you are shy, think outside the box!

_DSC1457.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one was taken last summer. I took Charlie along to the truck rental place. I needed a box truck to haul a big record collection from Chicago to Milwaukee and my little buddy wanted to go for a ride. Not particularly artistic. But it's as close to the "self" as I can find. Me, records and dogs.....if my wife could have been in the shot, it would represent the only things I care about.
IMG_20180525_131919.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It’s 01:27 so technically Sunday in Scotland, the lights are off and I should be in bed but I promised you a winner.

Thank you everyone for entering the challenge. All were very, very good. I don’t have the power to keep my eyes open much longer so I’m just going to pick out just a few for comments. Apologies if you don’t get mentioned.

John, I love your portrait, a real classic. Matt, I love your smile and I have to say black and white almost always wins me over but then there’s Antonio. Antonio, you look fabulous and you are fabulous. Luke, love you man, it’s a great one of your dog, Charlie! You gave me what I was looking for when I set the challenge but, wait a minute ... Don, follow Luke’s lead, eyes on the road, eyes on the road!! Sheesh! Ricks, I do like the concept

It’s tough to choose a winner. It really is. And I wish I’d announced the winner earlier so everyone could get a mention but, but, but, my winner has to be:

because he simply made me laugh out loud. So funny! Congrats!

Back