Cameraderie Photo Challenge #23: HOT!

For Challenge #23, the topic is "HOT!" You can interpret HOT! any way you choose. I'm sure you've seen the word in reference to many subjects, not the least of which have been pointed out by your mother, an American eatery, NASA and Paris Hilton. Show me your best photographic illustration of HOT! and allow me to be the judge who will choose the hottest of the HOT!

The challenge will run until approximately November 27, 2019.

The usual rules apply as follows:

1. Either take a picture that matches the theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the image in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is okay, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement photo that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it; this is just a friendly photo challenge after all.

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Photo Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget, that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his/her own salon.

Good luck to all who enter!

I have never been afraid of the obvious:

bonfire.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one's from 6 years ago. Fire season in NSW Australia, you wake up in the morning, concerned that the oven hot winds are going to bring some blazes to the community with smoke and the smell of burnt charchol pervading the air from the previous day's/ night's blazes, first thing in the morning when this pic was taken.

10399693094_4a03a071a5_b.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Sydney Fires, Dawn by Otim, on Flickr

I chose the challenge "HOT!" because I thought it would invite wide interpretation and encourage lots of entries. Should I be disappointed in the lack of response, or is this normal? C'mon, if you haven't posted a photo entry in this challenge yet, please do so. You could be the winner. I will not be critiquing any of the entries that don't win, but I will tell you why I chose the winner. One thing is for sure, it will not be determined by the number of likes a photo gets.

Go ahead, if you have what you think is a HOT! photo, post it as a reply to this challenge. It doesn't have to be flames or the sun, it doesn't have to be red or yellow. It could be any of those, it could be completely different, it could even be black & white and still be a HOT! photo. Post! Tell me why you think it's HOT!

@pdurand is the winner of the Cameraderie Photo Challenge #23 with his entry of "Hot Chili Peppers." Very nicely composed, well focused, good interpretation of the theme and nice post processing. Congratulations Pierre; the reigns for Challenge #24 are now officially turned over to you for the final monthly photo challenge of 2019.

Thanks very much to all who entered and making it an interesting challenge.

Back