emerson

All-Pro
Name
David
Start Date
Jun 7, 2020
End Date
Jun 20, 2020
This Cameraderie 33rd challenge theme is: BICYCLING.

As usual, this challenge will consider originality, technical merit, and artistic vision.

The successful entry to Challenge 33 will convey the simple joys [or pains] of riding a bicycle, whether it is for pleasure, for utility, for athletic competition, or anything else. Please remember that the challenge addresses the photo and what it conveys, not the bicycle itself. There are no extra points for bike-nerd esoterica. [Apologies to my fellow bike-nerds.] In short, please remember that this Challenge is intended to be more about bicycling than bicycles.

Please submit by the end of Saturday 20 June 2020. I will attempt to evaluate and announce by the end of the following day.

Game on!

/David

--------

No change to the tried and trusted rules, which are as follows:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own challenge.

_R360434.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I thought I'd just take a look at one year, pulled up a highlight reel folder from 2016, and there are like 14 that I can't even decide between. Much less 2017, 18, 19, 20, ... 15, 14... ye gods. One of you do it for me please. Someone magically go through my folders and tell me what's interesting. I can never tell what others will like.

Ok, here's the rare photo of mine someone actually paid me for. Maybe that makes it good? I'm terrible at this.

The context, for those that might want it: This is midway through a 6 day bike trip between Pittsburgh and Washington DC via rail trails. We're exiting a very long tunnel here, one of many you go through in near total darkness. We're carrying enough weight to make us hot while biking, and as you can see the weather is crap, rain most of the time. But we're happy, we're thrilled to be where we are, when we are.

KBRX2349.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back