Challenge! Cameraderie Photo Challenge #33: Bicycling

This is not so much an entry as an antithesis to the spirit of the challenge. I found these old bikes rusting under a porch on campus. The strong light through the latticework and the bright green ivy interlacing with the wheels and handlebars gave a melancholy hint of their former glory.
oldbike3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, everyone. Here we go:

@rayvonn for a shot made in challenging conditions, and the use of noise to create an appealing graininess.

@donlaw for catching that splendid sense of swiftness and isolation that cycling can bring to a routine day.

@ricks for pushing the boundaries of post-capture processing in pursuit of a final image

@Matero for really capturing the solitude of cold-weather riding. The image makes it easy to imagine the accompanying sounds.

@pdurand for an outstanding image, and a reminder of the bicycles we have in common, even across very different cultures. A remarkable photo.

@Piano I like how the reversal abstracts the image. That looks like the cleanest cassette I’ve seen. <g>

@pictogramax lovely, thoughtful composition.

@serhan a ‘decisive moment’ well captured.

@theoldsmithy I like how tilting the horizon line adds to this photo. Nice technique.

@Frem wonderful timing to capture ‘everything must go’ as the backdrop.

@MiguelATF for his usual whimsical humour, which never fails to bring a smile.

Which brings us to the winner of this challenge, @KillRamsey, for an image that to me fundamentally conveys the way that cycling opens the world to us, especially as kids. Well conceived, well captured, well presented.

Over to you, Kyle.

How did this challenge completely fly under my radar?!? (Ah, must've been the 70 hour + workweeks :) ). Anyway, living in Holland one tends to get shots ofncycling, cyclists and bikes whether one wants to or not :p so I would've had much to choose from.

Kyle, that's a wonderful shot, congratulations! And Emerson, thanks for hosting!

Back