Name
Pierre
Start Date
Dec 28, 2020
End Date
Jan 10, 2021
Starting Dec. 28th 2020 and ending Jan. 10th 2021
The Cameraderie 42th Challenge theme is: Masked

Since ten months now, almost everyone we meet is wearing a mask for self and others health protection purpose, and I am a bit tired of it... Let's do something more fun or artistic with this. So the new theme is "Masked" and you are free to interpret it as you wish.

As usual, this challenge will consider originality, technical merit, and artistic vision.

No change to the tried and trusted rules, which are as follows:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter in his or her own challenge.

Make It Happen. But subtly. No sun. No breath.
1609156286694.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Orion-15 lens

As always, it is a difficult choice, all entries being great images.

akuiper: The lonelyness of your subject, outdoor in this place, with these buildings, her clothing on this type of vehicle, all of this make your image very intriguing. Black and white is a good choice also.

donlaw: Your subject being masked herself by the lights in the windows, and wearing a mask on her face, you made a double hit on the theme of this challenge. Adding to this the nice coulours of the lights, it is a wonderfull image.

mumu: As your title says, your image is telling a story. The juxtaposition of the abandoned mask on the sidewalk with the masked subject on the left is speaking to me. And the light coming from behind make it and outstanding image.

davect01: A funny one, with nice colors too. A bit of joy in a not so funny Christmas...

MoonMind: The blurred background, the general darkness of the image and the contrast of the bright mask on the dark statue make the mask to emerge of your image and give a very strong message.

MiguelATF: Unusual (at last for me) Halloween masks. The fact that a skeleton don't need to wear it make this image funny also. Nice interpretation of the theme.

ricks: A different type of mask and the angle of the shot gave nice originality to your image.

drd1135: Another type of mask, with high contrast, raking light and black and white made another great image.

At the end, I have to make a choice and I will go for mumu. The perspective made by the lines of the wall and the sidewalk, guiding our eyes towards the subject, added to the juxtaposition of the abandoned mask give a great composition. With the beautifull light, it is an outstanding image. Congratulation to you mumu, your are the host of the next challenge.

And thanks to all contributors.

Last edited:
Back