Challenge! Cameraderie Photo Challenge #46: Vintage - Winner Announced

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Name
John
Start Date March 13, 2021 End Date April 3, 2021

Vintage:
antique, old-fashioned, old-school, old-time, old-timey, old-world, oldfangled, quaint, retro, retrograde, mnhoj ( :, etc.

As usual, this challenge will consider originality, technical merit, and artistic vision.

No change to the tried and trusted rules, which are as follows:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Cameraderie Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - the opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter in his or her own challenge.

Have fun !!!

32484184782_d0da3438d9_z.jpg

@donlaw
What are those? I need some. ( < :
Nice image. Great expression.
I could give their name and described the amazing hypnotic mind bending and transformative properties they enable.
But I would be violating an NDA and probably have secret cult phantoms tracking me down to apply nefarious techniques to shut me down.
So let's just say that they are party sunglasses that serve as a great ice breaker.

Last edited:
Good morning all.
CPC #46 Vintage is now closed.

@emerson Nice angle and image. It's one of the first vintage things I think of. It instantly made me crave for more, which I did. Well done.

@donlaw I love your model/subjects expression and posture. Also the lovely smooth gradations and tones. And the awesome device.

@pictogramax Beautiful scene with wonderful processing. Love the architecture there and the clever falloff of focus from foreground to back.

@MiguelATF Great processing and great composition. A way of life. Well said and done.

@pdurand Awesome scene. Love that you captured the machinery in use. Very nicely processed. Very cool.

@Ingall Very nicely processed and I really like how the focus and fade is back to fore. Well done.

And the winner is @donlaw.
I love her expression which commands that you look past the humor and fall under the power of the device.
Which I did and is just now wearing off.

Back