Challenge! Cameraderie Photo Challenge #47; Outside Winner announced

Thanks Don, for both the wonderful challenge and comments. I didn’t expect to win, there’s always so many strong entries, so it was a nice surprise.

Over the last year I have walked by this tree almost every day as part of my daily exercise (one of the few permitted reasons to leave my home during our strict lockdowns). Away from people, it sits at the end of a short, quiet, country road that offers very little to catch a photographer’s eye. Neither the tree nor the view is remarkable but when I walk by I always pause and look. I feel it has potential. I’ve taken many pictures of the tree over the last year but this is by far my favourite. I’m glad you like it too. This was my “outside” during the hardest of these strange times.

I’ll post a new challenge soon.

Thanks Don, for both the wonderful challenge and comments. I didn’t expect to win, there’s always so many strong entries, so it was a nice surprise.

Over the last year I have walked by this tree almost every day as part of my daily exercise (one of the few permitted reasons to leave my home during our strict lockdowns). Away from people, it sits at the end of a short, quiet, country road that offers very little to catch a photographer’s eye. Neither the tree nor the view is remarkable but when I walk by I always pause and look. I feel it has potential. I’ve taken many pictures of the tree over the last year but this is by far my favourite. I’m glad you like it too. This was my “outside” during the hardest of these strange times.

I’ll post a new challenge soon.
Karen, thanks for sharing the anecdote about the tree. It makes the image more meaningful knowing that tree and view was a spot with potential during your ‘outside’ times in this pandemic. You captured that potential very well. And it makes me feel even more confident in the choice (although it was not an easy one). It was actually the sort of thing I was thinking about when thinking about the theme.

Back