Can Lightroom CC display all avaiable EXIF data?

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
I'm just starting to get my feet wet playing with LR CC and I might be missing the obvious.... how do I view all available EXIF tags in image instead of just the basic summary when clicking on the 'info' icon?

This might help. If you want a true dump maybe you need exiftool?
upload_2018-11-27_20-22-9.png

Thanks, @siftu. Looks like my problem is that LR CC (aka: the "new" LR) lacks the ability to view full metadata while LR Classic CC can. I knew that LR CC is limited versus Classic but I didn't think it was that limited. :eek:

Adobe seems to be making a habit out of taking features out of new software releases. My wife has complained to me a number of times about new versions of Adobe software. Hard to tell what their motivation is.

In this particular case I was trying to view the full EXIF as part of working on some PHP code to read in additional EXIF data. Turns out that some vendors (*cough* Nikon *cough*) are all over the board in regards to how they write their EXIF data and some vendors even use a combination of standard EXIF and XMP data. Software like Adobe Bridge apparently reads all of the available metadata (such as EXIF, XMP, ICC, etc.) and then intelligently combines the results to display the data in a unified manner (eg: "Lens" might actually be derived from one of several different meta tags). My learning lesson was that with a pure out-of-the-box PHP solution it is not easy to get the same effect forcing the use of 3rd-party libraries.

Back