Feedback Can we get a control added?

wt21

Hall of Famer
@Kevin - at the bottom of thread pages is a control that lets you jump to any page or last page, but this control isn’t at the top (iOS safari). Is it possible to get that at the top?

Sometimes I want to see the latest for a multi page thread that I’ve not yet visited, and it’s a pain to scroll down in search of that control. Screen shots attached.

Attachments

• 9CD3E3B0-A604-4058-A236-7CBDB31FFA66.png
    9CD3E3B0-A604-4058-A236-7CBDB31FFA66.png
    73 KB · Views: 266
  • C7EA2B3D-5160-4FD7-A45E-3025C48E9EEA.png
    C7EA2B3D-5160-4FD7-A45E-3025C48E9EEA.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 61
A good example is the “show random picture thread” that has 2,000 replies but I start out in 2010. I’d love to jump to about the third to last page so having that control on top would really help :)

Attachments

• 901466C6-4205-4CA6-8D79-96EDFE8894CF.png
    901466C6-4205-4CA6-8D79-96EDFE8894CF.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 49
@wt21 If you jump in from the forum listing, the last couple of pages are always visible (as numbers) below the thread title; it's (in my experience) the easiest way to get there:

thread_listing.png

Also, if you are looking at a thread, the first and last couple of pages are visible to click directly:

thread_viewing.png

Or are we talking Safari peculiarities again? I'm on Windows 10 (21H1, latest patches), using Firefox 95.0.2 ...

M.

@wt21 I agree that your request would be useful. If you’re using iOS (phone) rather than iPadOS or MacOS then you can see the numbers @MoonMind describes by turning your phone to landscape orientation. Works when in both the list of threads and within a thread itself.
Thanks for this - I'm hardly ever viewing the forum on a smartphone screen, and the display does indeed behave the same way on Android 11, Firefox 95.2.0. I guess it's part of the "mobile" CSS definition.

@Kevin I get what's going on now - do you?

M.

Thanks @comment23 i see that now, when I rotate my phone landscape. Unfortunately, as the page is portrait oriented, it’s sub optimal, but rotating once to select the page and then rotate back again is still better than scrolling to the bottom. Thanks.

Thanks @comment23 i see that now, when I rotate my phone landscape. Unfortunately, as the page is portrait oriented, it’s sub optimal, but rotating once to select the page and then rotate back again is still better than scrolling to the bottom. Thanks.
Hopefully @Kevin will be able to do something. I believe this site uses the same platform as mu43.com where the behaviours you’ve suggested does exist IIRC.

The same applies to Firefox on Android for me. The rotating trick does help, thx!

Back