Can you tell which is which? (another one of my silly tests)

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
My better half (AKA my spotter) and I took a walk at Oakwood cemetery the other day. We knew it was going to rain, so I took the OMD EM5 II and the 14-150, both of which are supposed to be weatherproof.

We were fortunate enough to get a shot of a Cooper's Hawk on the ground with its prey, shot at 300mm e with the Olympus digital zoom kicked in (so really, 600mm e).

OMD dogs and oakwood 061.JPG

Still, I wished I had the reach of the Sony HX400V . . . but it is not weatherproof.

This am, I wondered how images shot with the OMD EM5 II at 600mm e (with digital zoom kicked in) compared with HX400V shots at 600mm e (with no digital zoom), so I shot a pair of images.

Camera A:

A 600.JPG

Camera B:

B 600.JPG

Then I got curious how the two would compare if no digital zoom was involved, so \ here's a pair shot at 300mm e.

Camera A:

A 300.JPG

Camera B:

B 300.JPG

All shots were handheld, shot through a window, trying to focus on the lettering on the garbage can. No attempt was made to "normalize" the exposure; I put both cameras in P mode and faire roulez les bon temps.

So . . . which is the Sony and which is the Olympus?

Cheers, Jock

I vote for A for the Sony, as the red burned out. If A is the Oly, then I'm really disappointed in Oly, lol

Back