Fuji Can you warm the color response of a Fuji X-trans camera?

wt21

Hall of Famer
I think I like the warmer colors of my NEX6 to my XE1, but certainly I like the Fuji controls a lot more!

I prefer to shoot jpg, not RAW.

Is there a way to warm up the color default output on the Fuji?

Change the white balance. I do it all the time. Some people also like to change WB Shift to give their shots a different tint. My skills aren't sufficient to do all this in advance, so I shoot FINE+RAW and simply make appropriate changes later in-camera or externally.

You can REALLY fine tune the color… in the WB menu, select whatever balance you want, then use the 4 way controller on the back, and press to the RIGHT… and you will be presented with an X/Y grid that you can move around to shift the balance to your heart's desire!

I think I like the warmer colors of my NEX6 to my XE1, but certainly I like the Fuji controls a lot more!

I prefer to shoot jpg, not RAW.

Is there a way to warm up the color default output on the Fuji?

Bill, what adjustments did you wind up with? When adjusting auto WB, I always seem to go the wrong direction....:eek:

I am going to try R + 2, B -1 for a while. This is on STD color. I did some quick indoor tests, and this looked like a nice balance. I'm going up to Maine tomorrow, and will give it a better test.

I have 1 preset among my 7 that's Astia and a manually warmed white balance, plus a little red. I've found that for my taste, 5300K and a few clicks over towards Red on the 4-way is just about perfect in most outdoor situations where I want that look. Sometimes more is ok, but not often enough for a preset.

Back