Manual Lens Cannot remember a lens I previously found.

Earlier this year, I was casually browsing the net and found a 16mm lens that was:

- at least f/2.8 or wider,

- full frame, and

- it wasn't a fisheye.

I mentally bookmarked it, meaning to come back to it later.

Well it's later. I'm trying to find it again but am having very little luck and it's driving me nuts. I thought I'd check here and see if anyone knows of such a lens (or whether one exists at all). I cannot remember which make it was, or which mount it was for.

Anyone know what my stupid brain is trying to recall?

PS. I have been thoroughly enjoying my Sigma 16mm f/2.8 fisheye lens and was wanting to try something just as wide but without the distortion of the fisheye. Please throw some recommendations my way if you have some. I will be using it on my Leica M10 via an adapter so guess it doesn't have to be any particular make as long as it's manual, is at least f/2.8 or wider, and an M mount adapter exists for it.

Last edited:
The Leica Tri-Elmar-M 16-18-21mm f/4 ASPH immediately came to mind, but that's probably not what you're looking for. Maybe the Rokinon 16mm T2.6?

I wonder if that Rokinon was it. I kept coming across it when I was looking in the past couple of days and I was thoroughly confused because some of these are APS-C only while others are for full frame, others are f/2, for all kinds of mounts.

Hmm... I'm seeing a Sony E mount Rokinon lens but can't find an E mount to M mount lens adapter.

Last edited:
Have you used any of them and would you recommend any?
No, I haven't. I eventually decided on the Tamron 15-30 f/2.8 (was still the 1st version)
I rarely have an opportunity to use a 15mm (or 16mm) lens so, this zoom is more useful for me and definitely more than adequate for optical quality. Most review show it rivals the nikon 14-24.
I was looking into the Irix 15mm Blackstone and the Zeiss distagon.

Back