Feedback cannot upload to Gallery

Yesirreeee! Bill's photo here in the A-Z thread! I know it seems weird but that photo is in this thread here: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f24/z-thread-1831/index3.html#post17471 even though when you click on it you get Bill's gallery at Mu-43. I guess he used the URL?!

Then I clicked on Gallery a minute ago, Amin, saw your two sons faces and then Don's historic picture right below them!

Attachments

• SC werird gallery.jpg
    SC werird gallery.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 142
My son Googles for how to beat his Pokemon game on Nintendo DS, and I sit next to him Googling how to beat these darn PHP errors. We're equally clueless :D.

I spent some time trying to figure out what happened to Bill's gallery.
Then Amin posted members don't have galleries. It then occurred to me that Bill's problem was at MU43.
Hmmm, me thinks is time for a Merlot.

my problem is here - I just used the M43 url to post to the thread on this site - I can upload stuff to the M43 site and then use the link to post here

As I suspected, the problem is that the host disabled exec for security reasons on the new server. I made some changes to get rid of the error messages, but the software's ability to extract EXIF info from photos depends on exec, so for now we are without EXIF extraction. I've put in an inquiry with the software tech support to see if there is a workaround: Host disabled exec - any way to extract EXIF without jhead (without changing hosts)? - PhotoPost Community

For now, you should be able to upload to this site's gallery with no errors.

Thanks for the update, Amin - and for all that you've put into finding out what was going on. Knock on virtual wood that all will settle down and that the software company's tech support will respond soon and helpfully.

The important thing is that the galleries are functioning again - for uploading images.:2thumbs:

Back