Leica Canon 28mm f/2.8 LTM

asiafish

All-Pro
Aug 9, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Andrew
just bought this little gem and must say, it's quite a beauty. Very well made, nice vintage render and super small.

I hope to play with it this weekend in San Francisco on my Monochrom.

Hap

Top Veteran
Jan 9, 2016
Sounds nice.....hope to see results. I would speculate that you may also have a lei.ca m mount lens and we could see dfference?

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
I liked the Canon 35/2.8- lower contrast than the Nikkor 3.5cm F2.5.

I will be interested to see the results- F2.8 is fast for a 1950s 28mm focal length. I have the Nikkor 2.8cm F3.5, love it.

asiafish

All-Pro
Aug 9, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Andrew
Sounds nice.....hope to see results. I would speculate that you may also have a lei.ca m mount lens and we could see dfference?
Sadly I don't own a Leica M mount 28mm anymore. I was planning to buy the new/old Summaron and am still planning to buy either a 28mm Elmarit or Summicron, but the price on this was too good to pass up, and I REALLY like the results.

asiafish

All-Pro
Aug 9, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Andrew
Okay, went out with the Canon 28/2.8 LTM on my M-E last weekend in Richmond and Berkeley, CA. All shots at either f/2.8, f/8 or f/11 (the vignetting makes it obvious).

Its not the sharpest arrow in my quiver, even in the center and even stopped down, but color is lovely on the M-E's CCD and it has a nice low-contrast feel that I think will pair nicely with my various 50mm Sonnars, especially the f/2 or the uncoated f/1.5.

L1003948
by Andrew F, on Flickr

L1003934
by Andrew F, on Flickr

L1003930
by Andrew F, on Flickr

L1003924
by Andrew F, on Flickr

L1003919
by Andrew F, on Flickr

Hap

Top Veteran
Jan 9, 2016
Sadly I don't own a Leica M mount 28mm anymore. I was planning to buy the new/old Summaron and am still planning to buy either a 28mm Elmarit or Summicron, but the price on this was too good to pass up, and I REALLY like the results.
Maybe I should loan you my Rokkor 28.......m mount.

Hap

Top Veteran
Jan 9, 2016
I have two of them....both in fantastic cosmetic shape. One of them I sent to Holland to have the lens cleaned as these lenses have a history of spotting (it's a balsam issue). the other one needs it as well. The cost is 70USD. If you want to discuss please send email.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom