Canon Canon announces new EOS Rebel T8i

Whatever your family dynamic, there are certain moments with the ones you love that deserve to be remembered. In the spirit of capturing powerful moments that last a lifetime, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, unveiled today the Canon EOS Rebel T8i. The newest and highest-performing Rebel camera within the Canon lineup features the DIGIC 8 Image Processor, eye-detection in live view, 4K video, clean 4K HDMI outputˆ, and is the first EOS DSLR with vertical video all within a compact and lightweight body to bring photography and videos to life.

I must be tired, it almost sounds like they are touting vertical video as a positive feature! 😲

As a long-time Rebel fan the announcement of a new release always catches my attention but, realistically, I'll be surprised if this isn't also the last of the line considering Canon's major embrace of mirrorless. On the other hand, keeping at least the Rebel line alive might partially help EF lens owners stay happy for at least a little while all the cool kids switch over to RF. 🤔

Back