Canon Canon G12 accessories

elsie350

Regular
Has anyone got opinions on the genuine canon vs 58mm non canon accessories for the G12?

I have an oppertunity to get the genuine adaptor ring, 1x4 tele converter, 4xmacro, fisheye and wide angle lens at half price for £180 or I could buy a non canon lens kit for £80 with all the above.

Grateful for any advice or opinions

Kev

I always buy canon for canon sans filters, bought the adapter for my G12 so I can use a polarizer. Didn't need the other things but if I did I would go canon. For my dslr for instance, extension tubes, just rings with air, right? No glass etc.. and yet I got canon because I had read of a lot of people having problems with lenses becoming uncoupled and dropping to the ground etc. So I spent a little more on the tubes so I didn't lose several hundred $ lenses to cheap couplings. I didn't hear stuff like that with canon gear at all. Research if you want to save a few bucks and if it sounds safe then do what you feel is right.

Thanks, I didn't realise that. I guess not having a dslr anymore I'm thinking along those lines with my accessory fest

Accessories are terrific, I'm not saying they aren't :) If I had just the G12 I would get all the toys too. I have a few antique cameras that I have the 'full set' of accessories with.

My wife bought me a set of Zeikos G12 accessories last Christmas. The only bit I've found useful is the USB/SD card adaptor. The w/a lens produces circular images only and the magnification of the 1.4x tele is so meagre it's not worth the trouble of mounting. I haven't bothered to look at chromatic aberration etc.

Back