Canon Canon G9

I hope I am not intruding into your discussion!

G9's macro capabilities often amaze me. I got this shot of Paper Wasps building their nest earlier today. Paper Wasps are about 1cm in length so this is a dramatic blow-up! It was shot in RAW and PP-ed in ACR 5.7 and Photoshop Elements 8.

View attachment 34764

Intrude! Come on man, ya know better than that.
I love all the G shooters coming out of the closet.
My garden is just starting to pop.
The G9 is still my favorite camera for that.

Your image is a welcome sight.
Keep them coming please.... Oh' and never ever feel your intruding anywhere on this forum.
It's your home as well as the rest of us.
Don

Don, G9 or S95...which would you chose for out on the street?

Never used a Canon G. Hmmmm....the VF looks a little pokey, is it? and is it a pure OVF or do you get some exposure information projected up in that little prism too?

Thanks Nic. I thought as much. Great idea, and one that Canon has carried for a while....and yet not improved in either size or with additional information?...now Fuji has the prize :) Seems you get most of what's in the G package in the more pocketable S95?

I have the S90 as well. It's definitely the most "carryable" serious compact I've owned, nestling in an Olympus neoprene sport case on my belt not much bigger than a cell phone case. It overcomes the poor VF of the G series...by having none at all. The S90 suffers from a very loose rear wheel that I've had to fix with an add-on ring that goes a little too far. Problem was addressed in S95, I hear. Image quality is good in strong light, so-so in weaker lighting.

How did you find the G11 IQ lacking compared to the G9? I know the G10 was a bit packed in terms of pixels, but the G11 seemed generally regarded as an improvement due to sensor change.

Some of the other (non-IQ) aspects of the G11 seem quite appealing- wider angle lens, exposure comp. dial.

Thanks,
Steve

Back