Canon Showcase Canon R image thread

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Name
John
RP/EF24..
to.the.north.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The RP looks tempting, it's releatively cheap down here in Australia. I'm thinking on the one had it could be used as a body for adapted glass and on the other hand as a body for EF lenses which as I understand it, work seamlessly with the Canon adapter. I can actually envisage using it without the need for R glass.

The RP looks tempting, it's releatively cheap down here in Australia. I'm thinking on the one had it could be used as a body for adapted glass and on the other hand as a body for EF lenses which as I understand it, work seamlessly with the Canon adapter. I can actually envisage using it without the need for R glass.

It's a solid plan.
EF lenses work great.
I haven't tried my MF Nikon glass yet but will soon.
And I think the future is promising for RF lens support.
Also, If EF to RF adapters are of short supply I can confirm that the Viltrox branded works well.

wow, I was not aware that Samyang had already produced lenses for Canon RF mount.
They did, and did so quite soon after the mount came to being. But for one reason or another they've stopped producing those lenses. Shame, really, since they have some really lovely AF-lenses many would probably like seeing on Canon's platform also instead of just Sony.

Good Evening,

To the R7 owners out there; have you tried it at all for sports or birds-in-flight? Curious about the tracking...I have the 7DMk2, 1DMkIV (1.3X), and 90D in cropped format. LensRentals does not have one available until late August/early September to try, and I just picked up the EF to R Control Ring Adapter. I have a bunch of L series lenses that can do double-duty for the foreseeable future. Any insights/comments would be appreciated from owners/operators...:).

Regards,

Edd

Back