Fuji Canon radio flash compatibility?

Rolandhz

Hi. I love what I'm getting with my X100T and I wonder how it handles other flashes. I see there is a third party flash and a commander flash option. I have the Canon Speedlite Transmitter, ST-E3-RT and Two 600RT Speedlites. Will I be able to use them? I sure love the flexibility this flash system has given me.

Is this a misguided question? Is it a dumb question I am asking? I thought it be cool to stage some lighting with some of my existing gear

Hi Roland,

No it's not a dumb question at all. I can't give you an exact answer except as follows.

Canon off-camera flash cords work with Fuji cameras and flashes because the pin configuration is the same. TTBOMK that's where the similarities end. Unless anyone else can come along and tell you otherwise, you will not have full communication Fuji to Canon. You should be able to use Canon (and other) flashguns in manual and probably auto modes but nothing more sophisticated than that.

Flash is an area in the X-Series that I would describe as "not fully developed" there are some Fuji and a brace of third party 'guns, but not yet a "system" a là Nikon or Canon. That said, there are rumours that this is being addressed in the New Year with the arrival of a new more powerful unit.

Hope this helps!

It may be possible to radio trigger the flash, but no TTL of course, only manual operation. Since you have the camera, the transmitter and the flash, why don't you just give it a try?

Sorry for the delay in my response. I will play around with possible configurations and report back in the New Year. Thanks for the guidance

This is an old thread but appears to have ended with no conclusion. Everyone may have figured it out by now . . but I can confirm that using my X30 and Canon EX430 Speedlite mounted in the hotshoe works perfectly in manual mode . . obviously no TTL or other camera/flash communication. It also works perfectly with a third party transmitter mounted in the hotshoe and the flash mounted off camera on a receiver.

Back