Canon Canon releases S95

My S90 has been in my pocket for a year now, and this one is claiming to be much better in the IQ department.

What I can see on the surface is that they "fixed" the rear ring (which is way too loose on the S90), made the shutter release easier to find with your finger (it hides on the S90), and swapped the power & ring function switch (after a year I still click the wrong one, since they're obviously backwards on the S90). In other words, they completely fixed 3 of the 4 ergonomic issues with the S90. ... And they may have fixed the fourth one too, since they claim that the new surface finish makes it easier to hold.

If they really come through on the IQ front, it will be hard not to upgrade.

I think that Canon payed attention to what people said about S90... A very attractive camera. Does anybody knowes if it has focus lock?

Not sure what you mean with Focus lock, but the manual can be downloaded here: Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : PowerShot S95

The camera has manual focus (you can then focus with the front dial). And from what I've heard the zoom and the (manual) focus settings are stored in the custom mode. Nice for street snap mode (focus @2m, zoom @35mm or 50mm and fire away).

Remko

Not sure what you mean with Focus lock, but the manual can be downloaded here: Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : PowerShot S95

The camera has manual focus (you can then focus with the front dial). And from what I've heard the zoom and the (manual) focus settings are stored in the custom mode. Nice for street snap mode (focus @2m, zoom @35mm or 50mm and fire away).

Remko

That's what I mean't, thanks!

Back