Canon S110 and G15 Now In Stock at B&H. Does Anyone Care?

The X10 is the reason I broke the Canon G habit. Guess it's not for everyone, though.

I used to think these camera decisions were all about finding an empirical "best" one. The more cameras I use, the easier it is to see just how personal the choices are. The way cameras are laid out all have an effect on how I use them and influence how I feel about them.

@ thekeddi - aren't you getting along well with your X-S1? How would you compare the IQ and user interfaces of the X-S1 and the Canon superzooms?

We got along ok but I really believe I was happier with my SX40 especially when cropping into the photo. I am really thinking of the SX50 as an all rounder for my wanderings :)

x10 is no doubt a premium camera.I guess it was just psychological, I just got too scared of white orb syndromes. I am looking forward to see its sucessor.

Fuji owned up to the problem and fixed it in a very customer-friendly manner. Got my respect, which will likely translate into more Fuji purchases in the future!

The X10 is the reason I broke the Canon G habit. Guess it's not for everyone, though.

I used to think these camera decisions were all about finding an empirical "best" one. The more cameras I use, the easier it is to see just how personal the choices are. The way cameras are laid out all have an effect on how I use them and influence how I feel about them.

After finally getting some hands-on time with the RX100, I realized that it's not a camera I could love. I had the opposite response with the X10 - immediate connection. If I were going to buy a small camera with a zoom lens, it would be the X10, but I'm going to go the prime route with an E-PM2 and Pana 14/2.5.

The S110 is like the LX7. The LX7 is the LX5 v2. The S110 is the S100 v2. Why? If you must, just get the S100 on clearance. Personally I rather pay $200 more for the RX100. The game has changed. The S110 and LX7 are no longer the top of the P&S game. They have been pushed down to just another P&S camera. I was never that impressed with my LX5 to begin with. I shoot a lot at night and my TX5 embarasses it in the dark.

You're right a far as serious amateur are concerned but I have recomended the rx100 to friends and budget is limited in their opinion to pay 200$ for a compact, so if the s series is 200$ less then they are safe, it is a wonderful and cute camera in its own merit. But I fully agree with you when we are talking about "serious" compacts, the game has indeed shifted.

The S110 is like the LX7. The LX7 is the LX5 v2. The S110 is the S100 v2. Why? If you must, just get the S100 on clearance. Personally I rather pay $200 more for the RX100. The game has changed. The S110 and LX7 are no longer the top of the P&S game. They have been pushed down to just another P&S camera. I was never that impressed with my LX5 to begin with. I shoot a lot at night and my TX5 embarasses it in the dark.

Back