Canon Canon's has a fantastic 22mm lens, with no home

is everyone freaking out a little too fast? Maybe there is no camera on their website because they have a new one that will replace the old one.

Those lenses will find bodies to attach to.....I have no worries about that.

Maybe a new one will come, but Canon really "screwed the pooch" with this camera. It was really close to being a winner but the the AF performance at launch was awful and it took them a year to update the firmware to make it acceptable. They've realized that mirrorless in the US won't sell just because it has Canon on the front and they have to think about that :confused:

I've been thinking about buying an EOS M & 22mm lens - it does look like the camera has been discontinued, as most sellers are offering discounts, Jessops don't list it at all and Curry's site says 'Hurry, last few!'.

I was going to buy s/h anyway, but maybe I'll wait to see what Canon are doing with the M line. If they announce a new model I might pick up a bargain!

Maybe a new one will come, but Canon really "screwed the pooch" with this camera. It was really close to being a winner but the the AF performance at launch was awful and it took them a year to update the firmware to make it acceptable. They've realized that mirrorless in the US won't sell just because it has Canon on the front and they have to think about that :confused:

COMPLETELY agree. It was like mom and dad forced them to make a mirrorless camera, so they did...and half-assed it like a petulant kid. Don't forget it wasn't just that the AF was deplorable, but that it was a high priced mirrorless camera with sucky AF. Recipe for guaranteed sales disaster. Canon actually put the camera out KNOWING how the AF performed! :bravo-009:

I read someone ask if the M was the best bargain in mirrorless at $250 w/22 f2. I reply "yes & no". Yes it is a great bargain for that price/lens combo. No it is not a great bargain if you want to go anywhere with the system. You're basically buying an APS-C p&s ;)

Canon has shown they don't care about the M in the states (starting by straight up saying they weren't going to sell the 11-22 in the US). It is funny because they jacked up the camera, basically guaranteeing poor sales, and then give up on it....because it doesn't sell well LOL!

Canon has the ability to make a great M mkII IF they chose. They have the proven AF (from the 70d), they could give it two AF modes: Fast and Normal (Canon admits they made the LVAF of the 70d slower on purpose for smother video). There was plenty of interest in the M when announced, and just as much on a semi-pro version of an M with perhaps an EVF. The lenses still lack but they COULD remedy that...all they have to do is look at Fuji for fast options people will love, or look at Samsung for compact options that offer great value.

Back