Fuji Cant decide between X100 and Pentax K-30....

ppaa7894

As i own the Pentax K100D with Bundle lens and few manual lenses,

I was going to buy a Pentax K-30 as a primary, Then i saw a Fuji XPro1/X100 and fell in love with it....but X-Pro1 is too much... + dont want to spend extra $$ for lenses...

I dont have a problem with fixed 35mm, as i did used to use Fixed Pentax-A 35mm F2.8 most of the time when i used Pentax Me-super(35mm Film)

Should i just get X100 instead of K-30, and just keep the old K100D, in case i need True View as i actually don't mind using it other than weather sealing + Indoor Performance?

I've never had such a strong attractions like X100 / X-Pro 1..............................

ps. Also people would notice me less, if i use X100 than use DSLR in street...

It sounds to me like you've already made your decision. If you really love the X100 that much, I say go for it. Especially if your K100D is still giving good service. I'm sure you'll be able to get the K-30 in another year - likely for even less money.

It does sound as if you have answered your own question and a good answer too!

I am lucky enough to own DSLR / micro 4/3rds / X100 and have to admit that the X100 is the camera I turn to most for general photography (street / landscape / people), I love the build, looks, tactile operation and silent use all traits that make it a joy to use and also does not draw attention except where people want to talk "cameras".

If you are happy with just a 35mm lens (you can get the 24mm converter and I would not be surprised to see Fuji release a 50mm converter) - go for it but make sure you play with an X100 first.

I recently picked up a K30 and some lenses to complement my X100. Maybe it's because I'm not comfortable with the K30 yet, but there is little joy in shooting with it so far. The images are nice, but the experience is a drag. The X100 makes me want to go out and shoot. And isn't that the most important part?

Luke, even though many reviewers trashed "the brick" it sounds like you might have been better off with the K-01 instead of the K-30. I love shooting with the K-01 even if it doesn't have the same retro style as my X10 or the X100 that I had on loan for a while. Although they are VERY different cameras, if you are interested in using Pentax lenses then the K-01 handles more like the X10 and X100 (obviously minus the viewfinder) than the K-30.

Luke, even though many reviewers trashed "the brick" it sounds like you might have been better off with the K-01 instead of the K-30.

A viewfinder is essential for me. I was tempted by the low price of the K-01, but I'm glad I went with the K-30. I think eventually I'll be happy with it, but it will never be as fun to shoot as the X100......at least for me.

Back