Fuji Capture one 7 express lens distortion profiles

Ian Knight

Regular
I have tried the capture one 7 express software to process my x20 and xf1 raw files but it doesn't seem to correct the lens distortion. Does anyone know how to get around this ?.cheers Ian

Sent from my XT1032 using FujiXspot mobile app

Strange, my C1 (Pro) is capable of processing lens correction metadata from the EXIF maker notes. X20 and XF1 both save the data in the RAW files.

Btw, Capture One isn't really supporting EXR sensor technology, so using it for XF1 files might not be the best idea, anyway. C1 is just pretending to support is, based on the common notion that customers want to be lied to.

Strange, my C1 (Pro) is capable of processing lens correction metadata from the EXIF maker notes. X20 and XF1 both save the data in the RAW files.

Btw, Capture One isn't really supporting EXR sensor technology, so using it for XF1 files might not be the best idea, anyway. C1 is just pretending to support is, based on the common notion that customers want to be lied to.
Thanks for the reply Rico. , That's interesting. Perhaps I need the pro version !. I will do a bit more digging. I still use the Silkypix software that Fujifilm supply. I find the colours very good. The only thing I do find strange is that the noise is quite high even at base iso 100. I do believe that you have some tips on this somewhere :).
I also use dng converted files and process them in Photoshop Elements 10 and camera Raw. Even in that software I find that as a default I am having to use some Luminance noice reduction at Base iso 100...The jpegs always look better in this respect to my eyes .
Cheers Ian

Cheers Rico....silkypix upgrade looks like the way forward. Interesting that about DNG ...I will take your advice . Cheers Ian

Sent from my iPad using FujiXspot

Back