Capture One "Suspended User"

doobs

All-Pro
Name
Chris
So,

I've not been able to access the user forum at Capture One for a bit, couple of weeks.

I've sent them notice about it to no response.

Today I logged into my account, no problem, and then migrated to the user forum.

As has been the case recently, I get the "Please sign in to leave a comment." thing at the bottom of the last entry in a thread.

So I hit the link and then see this flash by in the browser:
Capture One User.jpg

Notice the 2nd link: "cannot+sign+in+suspended+user"...

Well, that would explain why I cannot stay logged in.

Of course they didn't have the intestinal fortitude to tell me this, or why they did this.

Anyone ever run into a "suspended user" at the Capture One forums?

Cheers

They erase your presence without a word to you about it? That is a low blow, to be sure.

I have always thought the official forums at CaptureOne were mostly worthless anyway. I belong to a group on Facebook for CaptureOne and it is actually useful now and then. That and a number of YouTube channels has been enough for me to figure things out (which can be a rather low bar).

To be truthful, the forum, particularly after the migration to the zendesk forum software, was not very useful. C1 played no part in the forum, insisting that users create support requests for assistance from C1. Never understood that.

But saying that, there was the odd nugget of information there. There are a handful of what I like to call expert users that provide help where they can without any "insider" information. I've often wondered why they do it.

I am aware of ART and have it installed on my laptop. To date, I've never really had the time (or inclination) to dive into it. I'm certain that will change as time progresses as I'm now "retired" and supposedly have more time on my hands.... :rolleyes:

I've spent a lot of time coming up to speed on C1, and it's what I know best at this juncture, with GIMP a distant second.

Thanks for the commiseration...

I have a rule of sorts, to not interact with social features of service providers. So I might buy from Amazon or Steam, but I won't leave reviews. I won't log into third party websites using my Google account.

The risk of losing access to services is not worth the convenience.

Well, this has been most interesting.

So after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I got Capture One to admit there was no "good reason" for my account suspension and they un-suspended me. Unfortunately, all my inputs in the forum were deleted in the suspension.

My access was suspended without any notice or reason and with that the myriad of technical content I've provided to other users in the forum was deleted in it's entirety.

This got me thinking so I checked this thread: https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/7998068628637?page=1#comments

Last time I looked there were over 1000 entries here. How do I know? I entered entry #1000. There were well over 1000 entries . Don't know how many more.

Now there are 994 entries. So at least 6 users/entries were deleted in what I'm going to call "the suspension event".

It certainly seems like someone decided to go through and "take care of some business" and suspend those who they wished to silence. I had read all of the entries in that thread. Many were unhappy but there were none that I would have considered to be "spam". In my little mind this is a brute force censorship effort going on as evidently some folks had said something that touched a nerve.

How many other registered users were suspended and haven't yet figured it out?

The collateral damage in all this is the loss of good user based technical information in the forum supporting Capture One. Not just from me, but all the suspended users.

Honestly, this speaks volumes about what Capture One thinks of their customers. Absolute volumes about the lack of regard they have for their customers. Those people who pay their salaries.

To be brutally honest, I'm done there. I've gone out of my way to be helpful to other users in the past as Capture One refuses to participate in the forum activity dealing with day to day questions about the software. I will no longer be monitoring the forum.

There are few diehard individuals that provide a lot of user support in the forum. Good on them. How long is it before one of them says something that "touches a nerve" and their entire presence is eliminated? How many folks will this be done to until there is no one left to help other users?

I'll keep using Capture One for as long as I'm able. When that is no longer an option I will migrate to another tool to post process my images.

It's unfortunate, as I've extolled the virtues of Capture One wide and far until now. Technically it's a superb product. Unfortunately the business end of Capture One is not anywhere near as laudable.

Last edited:
Back