Leica Capture one

GaryMulcahey

I would like to phase out my reliance on Adobe. I have CS6 so I will use their software for awhile but I that time head in other directions. Have any of you tried Capture One with your Monchrom files?
If so, how was it? I will download the trial and give it a go but would like to hear from others.

Thx
G

C1 started "preliminary" support with 7.1.1. Which all that means is C1 can now read the files, not that the profiles are good or anything. In fact as of what version that is available (7.1.2) today it's pretty bad. I am hopeful that Version 7.2 might be usable.

Well 7.1.3 is better. I noticed there was not an icc profile, and contacted support. I was told that for lens profile support their would be, but for the processing of Monochrom images the profile would most likely a dummy as there is no color to correct. Same goes for LCC profiles on a Monochrom.

Support also said that its still in preliminary status, so more improvements are due to come.

These changes, along with LR support and improved catalog support makes me think its time to develop a C1 workflow as Adobe CC model is troubling, and C1 is getting better.

I would like to phase out my reliance on Adobe. I have CS6 so I will use their software for awhile but I that time head in other directions. Have any of you tried Capture One with your Monchrom files?
If so, how was it? I will download the trial and give it a go but would like to hear from others.

Thx
G

If you already have CS6 then you might want to try Silver Efex Pro 2 or Topaz plug-ins. I switch back between Topaz and Silver Efex plug-ins when working with PS6.
DxO is also excellent for processing RAW files and fine tuning a black & white image.

Back