Fuji "Card error" error message

les-star

Regular
Have any of you guys/gals ran into this message "card error" at startup with your x100s?

I just got this error today. I've tried 3 different kinds of cards and still no luck. I've also formatted it in camera and on my laptop but no fix :(. Seems like an internal camera issue. I tried re-installing the firmware but because of the error of course it did not work.

How is fuji and sending the cameras in for service?

Thanks

I've had this issue quite a number of times on my X100s, too! I use SanDisk Extreme Pro 95mb/s in mine and take the card out to upload the images onto my PC - up to now, a blast from a rocket blower into the card slot and formatting the card seems to fix it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yes I've tried that also on about 7 different cards. Camera has been with fuji since last week. Odd thing is that when I went to drop it off they replicated it on the spot and just got an update that the error seems to have gone away by itself?!?

I'll keep you updated. Hopefully they pin point the culprit. I would hate for this to re-surface.

I have had this and think I have the answer, or at least I haven't had the message since. The switch to turn the camera on is so easy to switch on accidentally, but if the SD card is removed while the camera is switched on, I get the error message. Since then, I have always kept my finger on the switch to ensure it is off when I open the battery/SD card compartment, and take out the memory card whilst continually ensuring the power is OFF. Since then, not had a problem. When I did get the problem, I used a small program like Recuva and that found the photos I thought I had lost.

Fuji need a new design on the power switch, it's a pain.

So I got the camera back from Fuji today. Turns out they found an issue with the main board which they replaced. Which seemed to also correct slow AF that I was concerned about. Definitely more snappy mainly in good lighting. Kind of like getting a brand new camera! 0 Shutter count! But after shooting and testing it for about an hour I came across an issue in the EVF :( I'll start a new thread.

@ moose...I concur with the power switch being easily turned on and, I've become a wee bit OCD about it. I was thinking it was the contacts inside the camera getting dusty due to being removed and replaced several times a week.

@ les...cured one fault and caused another! Hope it's sorted soon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Back