Lüftungsklappen by Chris Ruefli, auf Flickr

View attachment 24671

Caddy Eldorado by Chris Ruefli, auf Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen S

Veteran
Real Name
Stephen Scharf
I'm at the IndyCar race at Sonoma Raceway, and have been using my 50-140/2.8 with the new X-T1 AF firmware....I am quite impressed with the results; the new AF system works quite well! I'm very busy with photo assignments for the weekend, but here are just a couple frames as a teaser trailer.

Ryan-Briscoe-Bus-Stop.jpg

Avaya-T10.jpg

Enjoy and let me know what you think...

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kyle
I'm at the IndyCar race at Sonoma Raceway, and have been using my 50-140/2.8 with the new X-T1 AF firmware....I am quite impressed with the results; the new AF system works quite well! I'm very busy with photo assignments for the weekend, but here are just a couple frames as a teaser trailer.

Enjoy and let me know what you think...

I think they're incredibly sharp, with great colors. Well done. Seems like that lens is worth the price.

Stephen S

Veteran
Real Name
Stephen Scharf
Steven great shots at Sonoma, which focus mode were you using. Single, zone , or 3d tracking?
Hi Dave,
I was shooting with Continous High Speed, front switch set to C, AF set to AF-C, power management on high, and zone AF for these shots. The key is to have a high-speed SD card that can the camera can write to fast enough. I should also point out that I have extensive experience with panning for motorsports. Got your PM, will give you a call later this afternoon or evening.

N4865G

Regular
Real Name
Dominik Buszek
Just a few shots from night karting yesterday in Doha, Qatar.

Shot with X-T2, fitted with 50-140 at f2.8.

PP in Capture One, basically cropping, occasional white balance (those floodlights fluctuate light colour) and a little sharpening. Noise treated with Neat Image.

AF-C, single point (I get much better results with single point vs. Zone which tends to be unpredictable), custom set 6, Tracking Sensitivity 2, Speed-Tracking Sensitivity 1, Zone Area Switching: Center.

I would say this set managed to get decent pictures in those difficult lighting conditions.

Thanks

Dom

4-DSCF3401xx.jpg

3-DSCF3337xx.jpg

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom