Cars, trucks and things that go!

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
I know there are quite a few classic car lovers here, as well as those who feel the same way about motorcycles, trucks and more...

Here's one I took last August with my handy X10 from a small classic car show in Kent, Connecticut.

7826729226_f31f9caf02_b.jpg

Please add your own of any genre that fits the thread!:cool:

P.S. I just noticed Tdp's thread on "Two Wheels" so I've amended this thread a bit so as not to usurp that one.:blush:

Tdp, love the color tones in your Hello Kitty bus image, as well as the fact that the riders are so oblivious to what's going on outside. Very nicely seen! I like to color hues in both very much.

P.S. No problem - fill her up! Just saw your Mini - which of course I love. You may not know that I'm a MINI cultist.:drinks:

I had a 2007 Cooper S for a while, before moving overseas. Lovely car. I was this close ----><---- to buying a car that cost about 3 times as much then I test drove the Mini and loved it.

Now my 4 wheel adventures are over now, the only car I have is company provided and about as exciting as plain oatmeal.

I'm sure you do miss your S. All MINIs are loads of fun!

Well, one way to think about it is to think of all the insurance money your saving, Tdp. Down the line you never know what you'll end up with. I know there is at least one other person here who has a MINI, and she loves to photograph classic cars, as well.

I'm not really good at this sort ot thing, but I do love old cars. Took this shot with the X10 and had to stop down because of the shutter speed quirk and having no ND filter. (The pro photo trick so soften the background would not work in this instance -- subject too far away???) Anyway, like I said I love old cars, in any kind of shape; this one obviously needs some work. But it's still beautiful.

What do you mean you're "not good at this sort of thing"? Lawrence, she's a beauty even with her "rust shadow" and I like the way you framed her with that grill right up in our face and the way she's being held back by the fence shadow...as well as the repetition of lines throughout. Very, very nice!

Here's an old one of mine with my X100.

5850557236_a3cef860eb_b.jpg

6-11-67.jpg by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr

EBC, I never had a convertible but I did have two Bugs - and they carried me through rain, sleet, snow, ice - and occasional sunshine between NY and Ohio for four formative years - and I lived to tell about it!:friends: That's a nice coral colored Thunderbird! I do always wonder how people that own these pristine cars keep them that way - definitely need to click on those photos of yours to see them in their larger splendor.

I love cars!
I do too - especially older ones with lots of chrome!:biggrin_old: Very nice shots, spinyman!

Back