Castle Combe

Iansky

All-Pro
I was at Castle Combe yesterday despite the threat of rain (arrived as we left).

The intention was to see how the X-Pro2 + 100-400 performed at the track and be happy with the AF Tracking capability..................I am, very happy.

These are some of the images from yesterday.

Castle Combe 2.jpg
Castle Combe 5.jpg
Castle Combe 8.jpg
Castle Combe 14.jpg
Castle Combe 18.jpg
Castle Combe 22.jpg
Castle Combe 24.jpg
Castle Combe 25.jpg

WOW! I keep convincing myself I don't need the 100-400 because of the cost, then I keep seeing awesome photos like these and the GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) kicks in again. Great job catching the vehicles in motion, by the way. It's not just the lens its the photographer as well.

Thanks Lumens,

Castle Combe is a great circuit that offers some good vantage points and even though it was not too bright (not too contrasty) it allowed easy hand holding with most images shot at f8. It is a stunning lens and if you are considering I would recommend getting the lens + 1.4 convertor £1499 which works out a better deal than buying the lens on it's own ( even with the £120 rebate) then buying the 1.4 convertor.

Good luck in the decision and this is one occasion where GAS is definitely justified and worth going for!

Hi Tom, all processed in Lightroom working through settings in sequence, no noise reduction used and then exported as tiffs before adding a border - I do have to say that the files do not need a lot doing to them even as Raw files.

Back