• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Cell Phone Camera photos

NoSeconds

Top Veteran
Jan 1, 2017
I had a play with the Pixel 3 the other day and I have to say it impressed the hell out of me..

I was taking photos of text in very low ambient light, no flash, whilst moving the phone from side to side. Instead of the expected mushy blurred result, I got crisp, readable text that looked like it had been taken by a camera on a tripod in good light...

kyteflyer

~@¿@~
Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
I could claim that I was shooting for this, but I wasnt. Those tiny jets shot past and were long gone before I heard or saw them. I was just taking a general shot of Nobbys where I havent been for a while. oh yeah... there really are a couple of jets there. I guess they were on exercises from Williamtown AFB.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Window cleaners at my office having a bit of fun. Pixel 3 with some post in HDREfex and SilverEfex:
As the resident sci-fi/genre geek, I love that you chose B&W for this shot as it ends up looking like an onset outtake from one of the 70's Planet of the Apes movies*. 😎

* Yes, the PooA movies were in color but a lot of onset photos from that time period were still being done n B&W.

Covey22

Hall of Famer
Feb 3, 2012
I could claim that I was shooting for this, but I wasnt. Those tiny jets shot past and were long gone before I heard or saw them. I was just taking a general shot of Nobbys where I havent been for a while. oh yeah... there really are a couple of jets there. I guess they were on exercises from Williamtown AFB.
Looks like Super Hornets or maybe Growlers (Electronic Warfare version). Soon you'll be seeing the first F-35 Stealth Fighters - jealous, I've yet to see one here and they've been on the show circuit for a few years now.

Covey22

Hall of Famer
Feb 3, 2012
As the resident sci-fi/genre geek, I love that you chose B&W for this shot as it ends up looking like an onset outtake from one of the 70's Planet of the Apes movies*. 😎

* Yes, the PooA movies were in color but a lot of onset photos from that time period were still being done n B&W.
Thanks! I'd love to say I was subconsciously copying the B&W "dailies" from the '60s (which I think I saw when I was younger), but the original color photo I took was terrible - polarized glass plus interior reflections from crappy office lighting sabotaged me. The only way to salvage it was to convert.

Thanks! I'd love to say I was subconsciously copying the B&W "dailies" from the '60s (which I think I saw when I was younger), but the original color photo I took was terrible - polarized glass plus interior reflections from crappy office lighting sabotaged me. The only way to salvage it was to convert.
It came out good in B&W! Ever watch Bob Ross, the painter? One of his more well known quotes comes to mind.... “We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”

Latest threads

Top Bottom