Smartphone Cell Phone Camera photos

A couple from Wat Xieng Tung near Muang Sing, Laos, and of friends in their home in the area. All with the Samsung Note 8. I have the Note 10 now but I honestly don't see any image quality imorovement, just a few more features.
20180128_144516.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
20180128_211423-01.jpeg
20180128_085908-01.jpeg
20180128_143342-01.jpeg

After a night of very heavy rain, I opened the front door early this morning to walk the dog and found this tiny amphibian had gotten under the storm door and made its way to the top. You can see how humid it was outside in this image. I miss the late Winter temps we were having just a few short weeks ago.

frog door.jpg

Mowing my mom's large yard on a sunny morning. It was only about 70F, but very humid. The weather forecast had called for rain the next two days, but they got that one wrong; the first downpour arrived less than an hour after I finished. Glad I listened to my instincts about not waiting for the weekend.

mowing.jpg

I’ve been surprised at the zoomability of the iPhone 12 mini camera. Only done on screen (pinch/spread) but it seems to work pretty well.

These from the other morning on my way to buy cake for morning tea with “the girls”. No additional editing aside from small cropping.

96EA2073-AAF0-4E50-A9C0-8CD976E68F44.jpeg

A4CC708B-65B2-4F29-873F-D010CA3F3A09.jpeg

And then, with some small edits…

EC847AAB-6A18-4867-83B5-FBED12BCC284.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been surprised at the zoomability of the iPhone 12 mini camera. Only done on screen (pinch/spread) but it seems to work pretty well.

These from the other morning on my way to buy cake for morning tea with “the girls”. No additional editing aside from small cropping.

View attachment 263397

View attachment 263398

And then, with some small edits…

View attachment 263399
Although it must be said, you lucky thing, that you are around the Hunter NSW region which photographically, puts you at a bit of an advantage to the rest of us :)flowers_2:).

Although it must be said, you lucky thing, that you are around the Hunter NSW region which photographically, puts you at a bit of an advantage to the rest of us :)flowers_2:).
Yeah but you have to get out there. What also must be said is this: We may not have turned anything up in testing here, but that doesnt mean Delta is not with us. I’m tending to stay home unless absolutely necessary. It why I went early and to a cake shop not in a shopping centre. Abundance of caution. 2nd jab due on Wednesday, but I don’t feel terribly protected by Astrazeneca, theres such confusing reports on how effective it is, and at what stage.

Also I am cold to my bones.

Yeah but you have to get out there. What also must be said is this: We may not have turned anything up in testing here, but that doesnt mean Delta is not with us. I’m tending to stay home unless absolutely necessary. It why I went early and to a cake shop not in a shopping centre. Abundance of caution. 2nd jab due on Wednesday, but I don’t feel terribly protected by Astrazeneca, theres such confusing reports on how effective it is, and at what stage.

Also I am cold to my bones.
Sue, I spoke to someone yesterday, a partner at Ernst & Young, so not a dumbass. He said on the third day after the second Pfizer jab he honestly thought he was going to die, so bad was the reaction. We have this “Eastern Suburbs/ North Shore - Western Suburbs” attitude to class (a ridiculous thing given this is Australia) which has unfortunately passed on to attitudes about which inoculation to have. Do not listen to any of that crap, your as protected as you can be. I’ve had the first AZ jab and am envious of you having the second one.

Back