Smartphone Cell Phone Camera photos

I can't believe how great the auto HDR feature is on the 1st gen Google Pixel. I set the telephone to expose properly for Charlie's white fur to hold onto the highlights, and everything just came together. This is very wide dynamic range with the bright light landing on a white dog and other areas of deep shadow. Hard to believe I cleaned off the nose prints on the windows about 5 days ago.

IMG_20190323_101236
by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

Just rediscovered this one. P20 Pro mono mode.
IMG_20190224_141903.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Managed to get out of the house again today, and made my way out to Lake Macquarie. Its a wonderful location and if I could move out that way again, I would, but sadly its now well out of my price range. I think I'll be visiting more often in the next few months. At least, on the days I feel relatively human. Also, reverted to a smaller phone. I'm just over my 6S, its too big, always has been, and I should have returned it within the 14 days no questions asked period but I didnt and I have been tolerating it ever since. I bought an SE as well, some months later, but until now have not really bonded with that, either. Given it has the same (now well outdated) innards as the 6S, I'm not really losing much except force touch which I never used anyway. And I am much more comfortable with using it to take photos... So... at the end of a long ramble... here's the view I had whilst supping on my coffee.

And yes, I Hipstamaticked.
862EEECA-C905-4FE3-B678-5541F18B105E.jpeg

Extremely privileged to have helped set up Operation Stand Down: Boots on the Ground at Fort Adams in Newport. This display moves from town to town and features over 7,000 boots, flags and ID cards remembering US Service Members lost since 9/11. A sobering reminder of what Memorial Day really means here.

Fremantle 10:00am on a Tuesday. Virtually deserted, the cafe strip will come alive in another 10 hours. Had 40 minutes to fill between medical appts so decided to use my rarely used Samsung S7. Struggled with viewing the scene in pretty bright sunshine - screen acted as a mirror :doh: . Is there a non-reflective screen protector for that as these were mostly 'point & pray'?

20190604_100125_PerfectlyClear copy.jpg
20190604_100210_PerfectlyClear copy.jpg
20190604_100639_001_PerfectlyClear copy.jpg
20190604_100704_PerfectlyClear copy.jpg
20190604_101135_PerfectlyClear copy.jpg

Phone displays are tough in general. I've not found one that can really punch through the ambient light of a bright day. In combination with punching up the screen brightness briefly, I've found that shading with the palm of one hand while controlling with the other works for me.

Back