Smartphone Cell Phone Camera photos

My pups and some flowers - KultCamera App on Android
20190603183242_picture.jpg
20190603183309_picture.jpg
20190609113910_picture.jpg

Phone displays are tough in general. I've not found one that can really punch through the ambient light of a bright day. In combination with punching up the screen brightness briefly, I've found that shading with the palm of one hand while controlling with the other works for me.
The most recent phones are quite capable of being viewed in sunlight.

Is it ideal, no. Useable, yes.

This shot is a mark that I'll remember, a cell phone raw photo processed on the phone, turns out so good, even after a lot of dodging and burning not showing noise like I thought it would at 100%, and the highlights in the raw photo weren't blown out either, oh and the sharpness is what I would expect from a "proper" camera.

This phone, Xiaomi Mi9 SE, with its main camera built around the 1/2 48MP Sony sensor outputting 12MP due to pixel binning, with the help of Lightroom or in this case, a ported version of Google Camera (which is why the EXIF shows Google Pixel 3A phone) can do this.

IMG_20190815_174310_Pixel 3a_1_7600_1.8_100_4.8 mm_.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wrong EXIF as I was using the Google Camera app.
Interesting.... when I get to the house over the weekend I'll take a look to see if the actual values are buried deep in the meta elsewhere.

(The version of the EXIF display add-on we're using here makes it easy enough to look in different spots for the data, just a matter of telling it where to find it and in what order.)

Back