Smartphone Cell Phone Camera photos

Toby hunting Indian Mynas (an imported species which has gradually decimated the native bird population, even the humble sparrow, which was also an import)

C7374F1D-A17B-4A5C-A665-C670CF4818BD.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

toby *not* hunting Indian Mynas because they wont sit still on a branch so he can get them.

334858B9-3544-49CB-9A6B-97DE52B19614.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well to be fair Tony, I used to work at a real run down Industrial Site while the company I worked for figured out where to stash us undesirables that came with their latest M&A. Holes in a 6' Chainlink topped with triple strand barbed (it used to be a check processing facility). Empty cheap malt liquor bottles, discarded errr unmentionables used in the course of intimacy were among the mild discoveries. The best part was finding a nine inch dead rat in the ground floor pantry. Calling the Property Team, I was told a two week SLA for removal. Walked out to my car, dodged the panhandlers, grabbed some spare Latex gloves I kept for tire changes and checking pressures, tossed out the back fire door as far as my throwing arm would allow. 🙂

I mulch them up with my lawnmower.
I've tried that, but we have so many leaves fall from September all the way through December that the yard just looks like an ugly mess. It would be nice to have one of those big riding mulchers, but parts of our yard are pretty steep. I have a bag for our mower, but the leaves fill up the bag in just a pass or two of the yard. I've found taking a backpack blower and blowing the leaves into a big pile, then using a rake and a big tarp to haul them into the woods works best.

I've tried that, but we have so many leaves fall from September all the way through December that the yard just looks like an ugly mess. It would be nice to have one of those big riding mulchers, but parts of our yard are pretty steep. I have a bag for our mower, but the leaves fill up the bag in just a pass or two of the yard. I've found taking a backpack blower and blowing the leaves into a big pile, then using a rake and a big tarp to haul them into the woods works best.
Sure, I have a riding mower as our yard is big. Plus, it's the only fertilizer my yard gets.

Last edited:
Back