Fuji Century Precision Optics wide angle converter on X100?

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
I'd love to find a good quality compact wide angle adapter that takes the x100 wider than 24mm equivalent, but all the reviews I read so far show the converters to be huuuuge, or turn the image to mush, or both.

I recently came across the American brand Century Precision Optics. They make conversion lenses for professional camcorders, and have been in optics for 60+ years, and are part of the Schneider group now. In short, they should know what they're doing. Their products are priced a good bit higher than Raynox, and they get very good reviews, also on stills cameras like the canon s95.

Still, the converters are designed for cameras with much smaller sensors than the x100. Has anyone tried these converters on the x100 or another large sensor camera? I like the sound of the 0.6 or even the 0.55. I'd love for this to work; if not, I might get an a7 with voigtlander 12 or 15mm, but I just love the x100's ergonomics, colours and looks...

I don't know if this is what you're referring to, but I haven't heard anyone who has tried it yet. I would be interested to hear.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NUSMR1O/

The advantage of the Fuji TCL and WCL is the correction built into the camera in the optical viewfinder, and distortion. You wouldn't get that with a third party converter.

Back