Challenge! Challenge #48 - Photo Essay - WINNER ANNOUNCED

@Ingall
Please start the next challenge #49.
Sorry for the lack of updates, my fault. 🤦‍♂️

We've been unable to reach Ingall and hope he's OK. For the next challenge I talked with both Briar and the mods team and I'll be creating Challenge #49.

With the updates this past weekend I can now circle back to my ongoing To Do list.

I'll post the new challenge in the next few days. Most likely we'll also include some new verbiage about what happens in scenarios like this going forward.

Sorry for the delay folks, just been a crazy few weeks lately with the offline Day Job.

Next up, JensM, “"Opera Nova dell'Arte delle Armi", I have a friend who competes in and teaches fencing and I know she would love these photographs. I think your story would have been stronger if you had varied the photographs more – for example including an image of the subjects putting on the headguards/gear, shot the fencing images from different angles as images 3, 4 and 5 seem too similar to show a clear progression from beginning to end. Interesting though and as a subject choice I think it could have worked really well as a photo essay had you approached your image making with that intent at the point in time you originally made these photographs.
Feedback apricated, I get your drift and it wasn't a easy choice to piece them together from the series, so I went for the instruction followed by the sequence with the blow and counterstroke, which for me as a practitioner makes sense, within the limitiations of the numbers of pictures available, but probably thinking more as a practitioner than as a photographer here. :)

Challenge #49 is now posted. Again, sorry for the delay, it was totally on me as I got delayed with other things. :sorry:

Back