Daily Challenge Challenge in April: Who's in?

Name
Matt
Even if it's not yet clear what the Challenge in April will actually look like, here's a place to declare participation (and gear - but you can postpone that until it's clear if you actually have to).

List of participants (as of Tuesday, 2020-03-24, 9:00 CET) in alphabetical order (forum nick).
I'll edit this list regularily at least until 2020-03-31, 23:30 CET - pending the format, later entry may or may not be possible (though I'll go out on limb here and say it should be ...).

M.

Last edited:
I'm in! I'll use the Sony A7Rm4 and I don't feel like limiting myself to 1 lens, but I'll be doing B&W exclusively for this challenge, planning to contribute one photo every day.

The reason to go B&W is that I'm slightly colorblind. This means that I often don't appreciate other people's color photos for what they are to most others and, much more rarely, others don't see in my color pics what I do. Striking example from a few days back: I showed some photos to my wife and while she liked one of the B&W's, she said about a color pic: "Hey, that's a nice one!". I was just planning to delete it...

So for this challenge I choose to communicate with B&W in order to be sure that almost everyone sees the same as I do. The extra challenge is to make work that my wife likes, she often doesn't think much of B&W pictures. It was quite a relief to her when I told her that I can always revert to the color versions of my photos (I shoot raw exclusively).

In a world where we are finding ourselves under increasing restrictions, I’m not sure I want to restrict my photography to one camera and lens too. My biggest challenge might be to try to use each and all of them at least once during the month! When it comes to cameras I’m a bit of a hoarder! It will be interesting if I find that having spent all that money over the years on cameras to find that it really doesn’t what camera you have.

I am going to try and restrict myself to the GX9 and B&W in-camera conversions (now seems like a black and white time, no?). I won't restrict the lens - I had thought of just using my new Sigma 30mm f1.4, but I got that lens more for utility (sometimes I need to take family portraits or product shots) than for affinity with the focal length. I will probably use the good old Panasonic 20mm f1.7 the most.

Even if it's not yet clear what the Challenge in April will actually look like, here's a place to declare participation (and gear - but you can postpone that until it's clear if you actually have to).

List of participants (as of Tuesday, 2020-03-24, 9:00 CET) in alphabetical order (forum nick).
I'll edit this list regularily at least until 2020-03-31, 23:30 CET - pending the format, later entry may or may not be possible (though I'll go out on limb here and say it should be ...).

M.
Yes, please add me to the list. Undeclared constraints. Thx.

Back