channelling Martin Parr?

That's good Paul, one of the few from your recent lot that I like, maybe I've got the "message" - IMHO of course

Had to look channeling up

"the esoteric process of receiving messages or inspiration from extra-dimensional beings or spirits, whereby one is a medium or channel for such an entity."

the trouble with you, Bill, is that you wouldn't recognise a High Concept image if it came along and bit you on the leg ...

"High Concept" - it that high concept, it just looks like the stuff I took with my old Oly 35SP film - anyway, I'll have to look HC up, it is a term like HDR, IQ or ISO!!@£$

More importantly the Cirl Buntings have arrived and The Treecreeper nesting in the wall is keeping me busy

Bill, there was a whole thread on High Concept right here at SC, and what's more it was conducted in the best Socratic traditions of open-mindedness, respect for other's viewpoint and rigorous logic ...

Bill, there was a whole thread on High Concept right here at SC, and what's more it was conducted in the best Socratic traditions of open-mindedness, respect for other's viewpoint and rigorous logic ...

Morning Paul

I stick to Certhia familiarise and Emberiza circus as I only just passed O Level English at school

Holiday here in France - loads of them around - weed killing day today, they are growing like trees - orders from my wife
[h=1][/h]

circus?
Have you been at the Merlot already?

I blame predictive text which keeps "correcting" my "bad" english and because it originates from the US thinks Latin is a town in S America, OR the toxins in the weedkiller than I'm using, the former keeps catching me out and I cannot turn it off and the latter awaits me!

still far away on high, waiting for a mate

Bruant zizi, (E. cirlus) ……… sharpness isn't everything

CB_2.jpg

Vive la révolution!

i didn't mean it we live near Bordeaux

Chateau Tour St. Bonnet, Cru Bourgeois, Medoc, 2011

Soft and gentle tannins complement rich notes of dark chocolate, black cherry and warm earth. Underneath is a nice freshness, which invites more sipping; packed with delicious ripe fruit, this wine is a natural crowd-pleaser. A blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot and Malbec.

still far away on high, waiting for a mate

You, or the bird Bill? Chances are it already has a mate busy incubating eggs. They can be somewhat undemonstrative when nesting although the young, particularly when close to leaving the nest can be very noisy, usually if they are hungry, sometimes to their detriment since they give themselves away to potential predators.

Barrie

You, or the bird Bill? Chances are it already has a mate busy incubating eggs. They can be somewhat undemonstrative when nesting although the young, particularly when close to leaving the nest can be very noisy, usually if they are hungry, sometimes to their detriment since they give themselves away to potential predators.

Barrie

I'll ask my wife

I know what you mean about the youngsters - for the last two years, (since I have been very interested in this bird watching lark), they have nested in the garden in a Juniper bush next to the garden water pipe ………. noisy, noisy, noisy ……… then silence ……….. I have never seen the "youngsters" just mum and dad

Paul will be annoyed with me, (again) we are going OT ……… must look up this Martin guy, I'm sure he must have taken the "odd" bird shot

Bill, once the revolution comes, you and the rest of your boojois class with their running-dog imperialist thread-hijacking will be first up against the wall.

(definitely not Barrie, though, cos he's clearly a Friend and Ally of The Proletariat)

as for Mr. Parr, he's knocked out a few photos but he's not very ornithologically inclined. He divides opinion a bit. HCB hated him (really hated, not internet-hated)

Bill, once the revolution comes, you and the rest of your boojois class with their running-dog imperialist thread-hijacking will be first up against the wall.

(definitely not Barrie, though, cos he's clearly a Friend and Ally of The Proletariat)

as for Mr. Parr, he's knocked out a few photos but he's not very ornithologically inclined. He divides opinion a bit. HCB hated him (really hated, not internet-hated)

I've just had a marvellous bottle of bio red at the local eating house - started with a kir royal, had a Tariquet with my foie gras and then the red with my duck breast - sorted france out with the Chef - so all is well - plus we celebrated my wife's birthday in a boojois fashion

meal_1.jpg

meal_5.jpg

sharpness wins

Back